We are slowly returning back to a “new normal”
First of all let us thank you for the great success with more than 135 entries at our first Nedbank XC!!! A big shout out to all participants for helping us to adhere to all Covid-19 rules and regulations.
Our second Rock and Rut Nedbank XC event for this year will take place on Saturday 04 July 2020 again in strict compliance with official rules and regulations during the current Covid-19 lockdown phase as imposed by the Government of Namibia.
IJG TRAILS – Kleine Kuppe
- Registration for the race has to be done on-line before Wednesday 01 July 2020 via our website www.rockandrut.org
- No late registration will be allowed;
- No registration on the day of the race;
- Competitors will be divided into groups in accordance with the current Covid 19 lockdown rules and regulations;
- Rock and Rut will determine the starting times for these groups and they will be communicated to participants by latest Friday 03 July 2020;
- If possible, participants are encouraged to arrive by bicycle. Parking area space is very limited;
- Sign-on will take place in the Playpit area, next to Start / Finish at Kleine Kuppe IJG Trails;
- All entrants have to complete the register as per Covid-19 regulations;
- No cars will be allowed into the parking area and into Kleine Kuppe except for officials and emergency vehicles;
- Supporters are welcome for all categories. We would appreciate it if they could keep to the parking area above the Start/Finish area. Supporters have to arrive ON FOOT and have to remain there for the duration of the race. There will be limited Gazebos with tables and benches.
- Supporters will be allowed into the Start/Finish area with emphasis on the official rules and regulations of the current Covid-19 lockdown phase
- Competitors will be allowed to enter the start chute 20 minutes before the start of their race;
- We will adhere strictly to the starting times. Late comers will have to start at the back of the entire group. This will affect their overall race time;
- We will have four riders per starting line;
- Seeding will be according to overall position achieved in XC1
- Please note: There will be food stalls!!
- There will be a tech & feed zone – feeding is allowed;
- There will be one official tech zone with one technician who can assist racers if they have a technical problem;
We will cater for all categories as in XC1 starting from Under 10;
Our old sports category has been renamed “Marathon” and will, by request, ride on the less technical track;
Please note, that we have a new E-bike category for you to enter!
Main track (Red)
Categories: Pro-Elite Men & Women, Sub-Vet Men & Women, Vet Men & Women, Master Men, E-bikes, U 14 Boys, U 16 Boys & Girls, Junior Boys and Girls
Route: Start is at the Playpit. Follow Jeep Track in Southerly direction towards Red Ridge. Up Red Ridge and down Peter Pan. Turn left up to Mad Max and then down to Start / Finish area. There will be new B-lines. Over the bridge crossing Start / Finish past the feed / tech zone and up next to the big jumps. Turn right at the top and down Zombie Drop. Continue down and over the steel bridges (there will be B-lines) through the river and up Fire Ball all the way to the fence. Over the bridge and the right turn down to Slangetjie. Slangetjie all the way down around the Pump track and past the feed / tech zone and back to Start / Finish. Distance approximately 5.5km.
Short track (blue)
Categories: Grand Master Men, Master Women, Grand Master Women, Rhino Men & Women, Marathon Men & Women, U10 Boys & Girls, U12 Boys & Girls, U 14 Girls
Route: Start is at the Playpit. Follow Jeep Track in Southerly direction towards Red Ridge. Up Red Ridge and down Peter Pan all the way, turn left towards Start / Finish. Over the bridge crossing Start / Finish past the feed / tech zone and up next to the big jumps. Turn right at the top and continue to Slangetjie. Slangetjie all the way down around the Pump track and past the feed / tech zone and back to Start / Finish. Distance approximately 3.4km.
Please click to download starting times: Start times XC2 Jul 2020
We have revised the membership and entry fees for the remainder of this year.
Membership fees: Individuals irrespective of age – N$ 200.00
Families – N$ 400.00
Entry fees for all races: Members – N$ 30.00 per race
Non-members – N$ 50.00 per race
Members that have paid their membership fees for 2020 already, will have the option of rolling over their fees to 2021 and pay the new fees for 2020
Have the difference between the new and the old fees refunded.
Please contact Antje directly: email@example.com for any queries!
In closure, please note the following:
Any person who is found to be in breach of the rules by any of the Rock & Rut Officials will be warned once and if a second transgression becomes evident, then that person will be expelled from the race and or from the race area!!