“WE ARE GETTING BACK ON TRACK”
Our first Rock and Rut Nedbank XC event for this year will take place on Saturday 20 June 2020 in strict compliance with official rules and regulations during the current Covid-19 lockdown phase as imposed by the Government of Namibia.
IJG TRAILS – Kleine Kuppe
- Registration for the race has to be done on-line before Tuesday 16 June 2020;
- No late registration will be allowed;
- No registration on the day of the race;
- Competitors will be divided into groups of not more than 50 in accordance with the current Covid 19 lockdown rules and regulations;
- Rock and Rut will determine the starting times for these groups and they will be communicated to participants by Friday 19 June 2020;
- If possible, participants are encouraged to arrive by bicycle. Parking area space is very limited;
- Sign-on will take place on the parking area above the Coffee Wild at Kleine Kuppe IJG Trails;
- All entrants have to complete the register as per Covid-19 regulations;
- No cars will be allowed into the parking area and into Kleine Kuppe except for officials and emergency vehicles;
- Only competitors will be allowed into the sign-on area. We need to adhere to the Covid-19 rules and regulations and we will therefore ensure that we will not have more than 50 people in the area. Only supporters/parents of kids up to and including the age of Under 16 will be allowed into Kleine Kuppe and the race track.
- These supporters have to proceed to the parking area above the Start/Finish area ON FOOT and have to remain there for the duration of the race. There will be limited Gazebos with tables and benches.
- No supporters will be allowed into the Start/Finish area.
- Competitors will be allowed to enter the race track 20 minutes before the start of their race and have to proceed immediately to the Start/Finish area;
- We will adhere strictly to the starting times. Late comers will have to start at the back of the entire group. This will affect their overall race time;
- We will have three racers per starting line;
- Seeding will be according to last years’ overall position in the XC league;
- There will be no food stalls.
- Participants are required to leave the race area immediately after their race. We cannot allow socializing after the events as we need to get the next race started and have to keep to the maximum of 50 people allowed in one area;
- There will be no feed zone;
- There will be one official tech zone with one technician who can assist racers if they have a technical problem. Racers are welcome to leave their spare wheels and other spares at the tech zone and to leave their bottles there – but remember, there will be nobody to feed a racer. The technician is only there for technical assistance
We will cater for all categories as in previous years starting from Under 10.
Our old sports category has been renamed “Marathon”
Please note, that we have a new E-bike category for you to enter!
U10 up to U14 boys, U16 Girls and Marathon: (blue route)
Start at the usual area at the Playpit. Head South towards Red Ridge. Up the switch backs onto Peter Pan. Peter Pan all the way down, then right towards the gate. Left towards the power line and left again below the power line and all the way up to the fence. Head left and then left again into the single track. Right into the rocky river and towards Fireball. Cross the jeep track to the parking area. Up along the single track next to Slangetjie. At the top of Slangetjie sharp left turn onto Slangetjie and all the way down towards Start/Finish. Keep to the right of the pump track and turn left behind the pump track. Pass the official tech zone and turn left again around the pump track. Sharp right back onto Start / Finish.
All other categories: (red route)
Start at the usual area at the Playpit. Head South towards Red Ridge. Up the switch backs onto Peter Pan. Peter Pan all the way down, then right towards the gate. Right onto new single track. Cross Jeep track to the farm house and head towards Duiker. Down Duiker all the way down to Rollercoaster and turn left below the power line. Follow the power line all the way up to the fence. Head left and then left again into the single track. Right into the rocky river and up towards Fireball. Cross the jeep track to the parking area. Up along the single track next to Slangetjie. Carry on up to the old Fireball. Turn left on old Fireball and head down back to Slangetjie and all the way down towards Start/Finish. Keep to the right of the pump track and turn left behind the pump track. Pass the official tech zone and turn left again around the pump track. Sharp right back onto Start / Finish.
Will be communicated once we have finalized the entries. Please keep an eye on social media.
We have revised the membership and entry fees for the remainder of this year.
Membership fees: Individuals irrespective of age – N$ 200.00
Families – N$ 400.00
Entry fees for all races: Members – N$ 30.00 per race
Non-members – N$ 50.00 per race
Members that have paid their membership fees for 2020 already, will have the option of rolling over their fees to 2021 and pay the new fees for 2020
Have the difference between the new and the old fees refunded.
Please contact Antje directly: firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries!
In closure, please note the following:
Any person who is found to be in breach of the rules by any of the Rock & Rut Officials will be warned once and if a second transgression becomes evident, then that person will be expelled from the race and or from the race area!!